Thursday, March 6, 2014

March 6, 2014

Today I decided that the AM children concentrate on any one of their Comprehension workbooks. I looked them over last night and found that they were in need of making corrections. We reviewed the "who, what, when, and where" when answering questions. Most of the children are now in Gr. 2 Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension which makes the workbook assignments a bit more complex. We worked on looking for "clue" words/sentences to help answer questions they were stuck on.

We went over last night's homework on alphabetizing, and the children did a fabulous job. Although I devised a "system" to help them alphabetize, I had made them aware that whatever method you -- the parents -- are using, it is totally okay. :)

With AM I, we worked a bit on capitalization and recognizing nouns. Time permitting, I will introduce pronouns to AM I group.

~Ms. Lani

No comments:

Post a Comment